I usually don't reveal my DIY recipes I use at the salon, but when my salon assistant(MoniD) referred T’Keyah B, a YouTube influencer who's channel does several videos on helpful DIY tips for natural hair, skin care and fashion, I had to share this with you all.
In the video below, T’ Keyah B wanted a Deva Cut, but I ended up giving her a deep condition treatment to bring the curl back after too much stretching and to lock in moisture.
Watch the video and see how it turned out.Try our Avacodo Oil Aloe Vera Deep Conditioning Treatment at home, or come into the salon and let us apply it for you. This treatment will help attract and retain moisture (remember curls need moisture the most )leaving it soft and shiny. Your curls will love it, trust me! Let me know how this DIY worked for you, by leaving a comment below.
Avocado Oil and Aloe Vera Deep Condish Treatment
What You will need:
1 oz Avocado Oil or Mahogany Soul Juju Hair Oil(sold at the salon)
½ cup Coconut Milk
1/2 oz 100% Aloe Vera Gel or leaf
1 oz Mango butter
1/2 oz vitamin E oil
3 drops of lavender essencial Oil(not show in video)
1/2 oz Vegetable Glycerin (not shown in video)
What to do:
1. Heat butters and oils in microwave on low or double broiler. This will take about 2-4 mins. Make sure it is completely melted before blending.
2. Using a hand mixer(gets it a nice and creamy consistency)
slowly mix in coconut milk, glycerine add lavender drops. Put mixture in a mason jar or Ketchup container with nozzle.
3. Section shampooed , towel dried hair into four equal sections. Apply to each section liberally and massage into hair and scalp. Place plastic cap over hair.
4. Sit under dryer (salon) or use a Hot cap or use a steam towel for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse well with warm water, its ok to leave a slight trace of deep conditioning treatment in hair.
I hope you enjoy this yummy treatment, your hair will thank you!